Serving 6 people
- 1(16-ounce) package fettuccine
- 1stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound frozen crawfish meat, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, green parts sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Add red bell pepper, celery and onion. Cook until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add Crawfish (along with any liquid in the bag), Cajun seasoning and black pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over crawfish mixture. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in half-and-half. Cook until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Add Velveeta, sour cream and Parmesan cheese and cook over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir in cooked pasta, green onions and parsley. Serve.